Sunday, April 3, 2011

The First Five: Signs of Life

I decided to keep my first Five simple: with the advent of spring, I took a walk around my yard to see what signs of life had arrived.  Here's what I found:

 I have two pink hyacinths near my back door.  The buds look like a large asparagus tip.

 This may or may not be a crocus.  I think it's a little late for croci to be blooming, though.

 I was happy to see that my blue polemonium (also called "Jacob's Ladder") has returned.

 We planted two white lilac bushes last year.  One of them was accidentally run over by our lawn mower, but seems to have recovered nicely.

The huge maple tree in my backyard is just starting to bud.


I'm sure my next Five will originate a little farther from home, but this is a start!

Until next time,

- Laurie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment